RICHMOND PAINTING & DECORATING ESTIMATING PROCESS
Professional Painting, With Class & Style
Request Free Estimate
When the estimator arrives he will hand you his business card and introduce himself. He will give you the opportunity to voice any and all of your concerns. Then he will explain our painting process and how things typically will go.
Before we paint
- We ask that the water be turned on prior to painting.
- Also please make sure all the windows are closed.
- All cars should be moved away from the house
- All bushes and trees should be cut back so we can access the house by ladder
- We will also need the colors to be chosen one week in advance. This helps us order paint ahead of time and stay efficient.
- We will have already pressure prior to the first day if there is siding to be painted. Trim only jobs will be “hand washed” as we go.
- We will scrape all the failing paint, while priming any bare wood with the appropriate primer.
- Any carpentry work will be addressed and anything found will be brought to your attention prior to any work being performed.
- Someone will starting caulking any areas in need to be sealed.
- Another painter will remove all the down spouts in order to paint behind them. As long as they aren’t riveted onto the house.
- Another painter will remove the shutters and prepare for them to be painted.
- We will always wipe down any dirt during the painting as it is found.
- If we find areas we believe that can be “patched” rather than be repaired with carpentry we will discuss the options with you also.
- We will make sure our ladders are secured in our trailer or in a specified place at the end of each day.
- We will also be sure to clean up after ourselves and clean up any loose paint chip or garbage.
- We will move any patio furniture out of the way as needed and do our best to replace it back where it came from at the end of the job.
- We will always try to leave you whatever touch up paint may be left and make sure its labeled properly.
- If we are dealing with lead paint we will prepare the job and dispose of thing properly and in accordance with the EPA.
The Richmond Promise Aka our warranty
We always try to ask every client one very big and important questions. The big million dollar question is…… What is your idea of a GREAT paint job? Not every paint job is created equal and not everyone’s expectations are the same. In your eyes you may really want the best pressure wash possible. You may want the straightest lines possible for the surface we are painting. You may have a toddler who naps at a certain time and may not want anyone ringing the doorbell. You may have a dog and need the gates locked at all times. We don’t know your expectation’s even though we have a lot of daily and very routine things we practice, we want to be able to give you the best possible experience. That way we can make you one of our “Raving fans” and part of our Team Richmond family!!
Once our estimator has explained our painting process he will leave you with a lot information and some things for you to look over at you convenience.
1. A copy of our 3,000,000 liability and workers comp insurance
2. A list of references on different services we provide
3. Customer survey we ask all customers to fill out at the end of the job so we insure complete satisfaction
4. Our warranty, it’s not just a hand shake.
5. Our company lead certificate
6. The owner’s personal lead certificate.
7. Post card with our current special
8. Financing options explained
9. A letter to our valued customer
10. Business card with the estimators contact information.
After your quote is complete and you have gotten a total of three painting estimates we will call you see if you have any questions. We may also email you as that is our favorite and best method of contact. We have a variety of people who may contact you form our office manager, project manager, estimator or job site foreman and possibly the owner personally.
Get In touch below.
He is a perfectionist. He came on time and worked long hours. He cleaned up at the end of the day, and got the job done in record time. He minimized the impact of having such a large area painted all at once. Our house is transformed. We recommend Matt highly.
Corrine | Kenosha, WI
Matt, the front porch looks terrific. You did a great job and are fine reflections of what Richmond Painting has to offer. I’ll keep your number handy and be in touch should any more work arise. In the meantime I’ll be sure to voice good words about your company and your work.
Mary | Oak Creek, WI
Matt , We want you to know that we’re very pleased with the work you have done on painting the outside of our home. Your people were courteous and professional. We will gladly tell our friends and family about the great work that you and your crew did.
Barbara | Racine, WI
Richmond Painting recently completed the external painting of our seven year old structure. Matt displayed extreme patience in our color selection process while offering professional advice for our company concerns. Matt’s team worked efficiently and presented an appearance which was pleasing to our residents. Their whole crew could not have worked any better with our maintenance department for a quick and efficient completion of a very large task.
Elaine | Mt. Pleasant, WI
We were very pleased with the painting work performed on our home over the last week or so. The team, headed by Tommy, was very professional, communicated well, and we felt completely comfortable having them inside our home at all times. I do want to stress the professional work that was performed. These guys obviously knew what to do and were quite skilled at performing the work. Tommy was great to work with, communicated progress and schedule well and my wife and I feel that he and his team did an A+ job for us. Thank you Wade and team for your excellent work.
Wade D, Franklin, WI
After looking up paint contractors on the internet I decided to go with Matt Richmond and I'm glad I did. I found him to be flexible, reasonably priced, and easy to work with. Thank you Matt for the work you did on my father's home, It looks great.
John, Grafton, WI
6508 S. 27th street #280 Oak Creek, WI 53154
Sunday to Friday: 7am - 5pm